205 Jean Christy Avenue
Andrews NC 28901
Mission: To ensure all students are educated in a nurturing
environment accompanied by a relevant, rigorous curriculum delivered by highly
Vision: To prepare all students to contribute and thrive as
productive citizens in their community, country, and world.
- Student performance can be improved to show growth and schools must continually explore ways to improve.
- A variety of instructional techniques are necessary in order to meet the differing needs of students.
- In order for a student to be successful, there must be a cooperative effort between home, school and community.
- The fine arts are critical to the development of thinking and problem solving.
- Teaching should be flexible and innovative.
- A faculty should be a well-organized and cooperative team committed to the educational process and to the students of the school.
- A fair, firm and supportive discipline plan should be in place.
- Education in the area of technology is crucial in preparing our students for success in the future.
- An ongoing assessment of student learning by gathering, analyzing and disseminating data is important to enable school-wide improvement.
- Honesty, perseverance, courtesy, kindness, honor, cooperation, individualism, organization and conflict resolution need to be reinforced.
- Learning should be challenging, interesting, relevant, fun and achievable with consistent expectations.
- Academics, citizenship, service to others and healthy lifestyles are important ways for students to excel at whatever they may choose to do as they grow older and enter the workforce.